About the Summer Institute on Leadership and Public Service
The Summer Institute on Leadership and Public Service is a two-week program dedicated to teaching leadership skills through a number of classroom and hands-on settings, including a leadership curriculum, internships, and problem-solving exercises, all the while focusing on a specific theme especially relevant to the greater Richmond community.
The Summer Institute will continue its focus on Social Justice. The Institute will partner with various non-profit, for-profit, and government organizations in the Richmond metropolitan area.
The Summer Institute on Leadership and Public Service will take place on the campus of St. Christopher’s School. The institute will take place June 12-23 (no session on June 19 in recognition of Juneteenth). Each student who successfully completes the program will receive a stipend.
How to Apply
- Interest Forms for the program are available to rising high school seniors (entering their senior year in the Fall) in April.
- Prospective students for the program should submit completed Interest Forms no later than April 21.
- An Open House will be held in the spring. More information will be sent after April 28.
- Interviews will be conducted during the required Open House in early May.
- Students will be notified of acceptance by late May.
For more information contact Christie Wilson, Director of the Summer Institute, at 804-282-3185 or by email at email@example.com