This year, there will be several activities held over the course of a week - culminating with fun family activities on Saturday, October 24. For 46 years, Fall Festival has brought together students, parents, grandparents, alumni and community friends to have fun while successfully raising funds for our school. While we cannot come together on campus in the usual fashion, we want to pause and reflect on the importance of time with family and take pride in our school community. Our planned events are things to do together as a family and to show school spirit, all while raising funds to support the school.
- FALL FESTIVAL SHOPS will be offered virtually and will be open from Saturday, October 17 through Saturday, October 24. We are expecting many familiar vendors and several new ones as well! This is a wonderful way to shop from the comfort of home, all while supporting the school as 15% of the shops’ sales proceeds go to the school!
- HONOR WALL BANNERS are a wonderful Fall Festival tradition that provide a way to recognize your favorite Saint. These banners feature the school’s fleur-de-lis symbol on a red and grey background, the front of which may be printed with a special message from you to your son(s)/grandson(s). They will be displayed in the school hallways the week prior until the day of Fall Festival.
- NEW! YARD SIGNS: What a fun surprise to come home to find a “Proud to be a Saint” sign in the front yard!
- RAFFLE: Check out the enclosed order form to learn about the exciting raffle items available.
NEW ACTIVITIES THIS YEAR:
- T-SHIRT - This year’s design is not one to miss and the fabric is super comfortable. Lower School boys will be able to wear their shirts to school on the following days: 10-1, 10-9, 10-16 and 10-23. Be sure to order early so your son does not miss out on the fun!
- PIZZA AND FAMILY GAME NIGHT: You will not want to miss our Superstars Pizza and Family Game Night on Wednesday, October 21! Pick up a take and bake pizza, sub or salad from Superstars anytime on the 21st, and they will donate 10% of sales from that day to St. Christopher’s. Use that time you would have spent cooking to enjoy a family game night instead! It will be a no homework night for Lower and Middle Schools and the following day is conference day. So, clear your calendar for the evening, pick up your dinner on the way home, and break out your favorite board game! Let us know your favorite pizza and what game you are playing by emailing pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. Superstars encourages you to order early online for pick up to avoid a crowd - and get home in time for games!
Saturday, October 24 will feature two fun events for the family and even friends (while socially distancing of course!).
- YELLOW UMBRELLA TAKE-OUT/MOVIE NIGHT: End the week on a high note! On Friday, October 23, order a fully prepared menu containing two specially curated family style meals from Richmond’s beloved Yellow Umbrella (owned by St. Christopher’s alumnus Thomas Brown ’09). A portion of the proceeds will go to St. Christopher’s. Pop in a good movie and enjoy the meal as a family or make it a date night! All orders received by October 10 will receive one entry into the raffle for a Burly firepit! Additional raffle tickets available for purchase prior to October 10. The winner will be announced prior to meal pickup and the firepit will be ready to pickup at Yellow Umbrella!
- FAMILY FUN RUN: This free virtual run will take place Saturday morning anytime between 8am to 11am. We’re encouraging families wake up and start their day with a mile run (or more if you are able) while dressed in your most spirited Saints gear. Submit photos by emailing email@example.com. Prizes will be awarded to the top three most spirited ensembles!
- SAINTS SCAVENGER HUNT: On Saturday afternoon from 1pm to 4pm, corral the entire family (yes, even Middle and Upper School siblings!), hop in the car and enjoy a trip around the city using clues to find the sites visited by “Saint” the bear along the way. Each stop will feature a special guest and, at the end, collect your prize box of ZaZoLi’s candy from our fearless leader, Mr. Lecky! Be sure to honk and wave when you see other Saints along the way!
Thank you again for supporting this wonderful tradition and our school community!
Elaine Ryan Jamie Sexton Katie Peple Michelle Vaughn
Co-Chair Co-Chair Co-Vice Chair Co-Vice Chair